It's hard to believe that my 2-week adventure is at a close. I positively loved every minute here - even the hot, frustrating, insane ones! So, to sum up my visit in David Letterman style, here is my "Top Ten List of Things I've Learned About Paris"....
10. The metro is easy to navigate, but the RER is not.
9. Objects on map are much larger than they appear! (AKA, it's easy to get lost in Paris!!!)
8. Even bad food here is good!
7. Insane people frequent the metro - especially on Sunday mornings. (Note: these are probably
the same people that are responsible for the metro smelling like a urinal...)
6. You can fit 6 French cars in 1 American SUV and/or parking space.
5.(x) French people + Soldes (sales) = 1 annoyed, potentially violent American girl
4. French people do bathe, shave, and use deodorant. Many even smell quite good.
3. You don't mind the sweaty stench of the metro as much after a glass (or 2) of wine.
2. You speak French much better after a glass (or 2) of wine.
1. Paris is easily the most beautiful and historically rich and interesting city on earth!!!!!
I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog as much as I have enjoyed posting it. It has been wonderful to share my journey with all of you! Thank you all so much for your support - I enjoyed reading all of your comments. I will talk to you soon! XOXO!